Saturday, May 28, 2011

Help for California Exemptions

Greetings everyone,

It seems like there are some states that are trying to make it harder for parents to exempt their kids out of getting vaccinated. Now it looks like California is going that route. A friend on Facebook posted this info to help parents in that state. I'm passing it along here.

Hi all in California - exemptions from vaccines in 2011 (don't let them fool you - you still can exempt from Tdap vaccine (Tetanus/diphtheria/whooping cough) - just giving you one more hoop to jump through.

Sheri Nakken Vaccinedangers There are 2 things you will need to sign

1. Here is the original exemption form (don't fill in any previous vaccines, just sign the exemption on the back of the form

2. There is an additional waiver form now (besides the usual blue card for waiver of all vaccines & TB tests) for Tdap vaccine (Tetanus/diphtheria/whooping cough) in California this year only for students going into middle or high school (7th through 12th
grades). (they give you this to sign somehow)
Signing the back of the Blue Card is not sufficient for exempting Tdap
• Fill out form CDPH 8261 with Student information
• Form MUST be signed by parent/guardian
and there are parts on the form that you may want to cross out (and initial that you crossed it out) and sign out - otherwise you implicate yourself as 'knowing it is dangerous to not vaccinate"

more info here on that form

and here

more info googling on CDPH 8261 (the form for Tdap)

Have a good week,


No comments:

Post a Comment