Saturday, May 21, 2011

Allergies - Is there a way to find relief?

Greetings everyone,

People who suffer from allergies don't look forward to Spring. Spring brings pollen, dust floating thru the air & shedding of pet fur. For many years, I too suffered from allergies except mine lasted year round. It seemed like I was always sneezing & always had to have kleenex nearby. Every 4-6 weeks I would come down with a severe cold that would last 7-10 days at a time.

My allergies started during the summer of 1977. This was the summer I was diagnosed with allergies, asthma & migraines. My father had died just a couple of months earlier, so I think the stress of dealing with the loss of him at the tender age of 7 took a toll on my health. I'm not saying this to upset or have anyone feel sorry for me. I'm saying that stress does take a toll on your health & that a person needs to take control of it before it controls you.

For many years, I got allergy shots. Did they help? I don't think so since my allergies continued. It was you name it, I was allergic to it except for food. I outgrew many of them but some still remained thru adulthood.

What does allergy science say about allergy shots?

"The efficacy of allergen immunotherapy has been known since 1911, when Noon injected an extract of grass pollen into a person in England whose allergic symptoms coincided with the pollination of grass.2 Since then, controlled studies have shown that allergen immunotherapy is effective in patients with allergic rhinitis, allergic conjunctivitis, allergic asthma, and allergic reactions to Hymenoptera venom.3–6 Patients with one or more of these diagnoses are considered for immunotherapy if they have well-defined, clinically relevant allergic triggers that markedly affect their quality of life or daily function, and if they do not attain adequate symptom relief with avoidance measures and pharmacotherapy. Despite proven efficacy, the exact mechanism of allergen immunotherapy remains unknown."

http://www.aafp.org/afp/2004/0815/p689.html

Only in the last 3 years have I found relief from allergies. I can hear many of you saying, what is it? I want it! It was only when I started taking Vitamin D3 did I find relief. I take 10,000 IU per day. Its not that much & you're not going to OD on it. You would have to take 150,000 IU per day for over a year to even come close to OD'ing. The body readily absorbs this vitamin & its used very quickly.

The only time that my allergies still act up if I hit the housecleaning really hard & the dust starts to fly.

GNC has 5,000 IU tablets you can buy. Some Wal-Marts have the 2,000 IU tablets. BUT, the best supplier is homefirst.com.

http://homefirst.com/pro-d-5-with-probiotics.html

You can get 5,000 IU capsules & 50,000 IU capsules with probiotics. The probiotics are needed for gut health.

The advantages of probiotics are a whole different topic for a blog entry.

May you find the relief you need from allergies. Whether they are seasonal allergies or the year round ones.

Til next time,

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment