Wednesday, July 3, 2013

I will not be silenced........

Greetings,

This week has been a week of frustration, anger & amazement.   For those of you who know me personally, you know that I'm very opinionated & will speak my mind.  I guess that comes from all the years of being told to shut up your opinion doesn't matter.  

Over the weekend, I went to several Facebook walls that are pro-vaccine.  I was posting anti-vaccine arguments to counter what they were posting.  Today, I went back to those FB walls.  My comments were deleted & my ability to post on their walls is blocked.   I can look but can't post.  

Can you say "You can't handle the truth!"   (Jack Nicholson, A Few Good Men)

First off, lets address the anger.  I work as a merchandiser for multiple companies.  I was listening to a conversation between a store manager & her workers.  She said one of her grandkids was autistic.  I then asked if he was up to date on his vaccines.  Her reply....."Of course, they have to be in order to go to school."   My reply....."Your daughter has been lied to, they do NOT have to be to date on their shots in order to go to school."   Needless to say, this manager didn't talk to me the rest of the time I was in the store.  

Iowa Health Officials don't want to recognize the fact that parents have exemptions available to them & their children.  They only want the kids to have their shots to make their lives easier.  

Can you Russian Roulette?

The frustration comes from the fact that I post recognized facts & even refer to a government website about EPA guidelines & these so called health officials are still in denial about the dangers of vaccines.  They delete my comments & then block me from commenting further.

The amazement.......that people do recognize the fact that they do have exemptions available to them.  That they decide to take advantage of these exemptions & this tells the health officials that we don't believe that vaccines are safe & are choosing to keep our kids safe in our own way.  We're not buying into big pharma's propaganda anymore.

Mary Tocco (childhoodshots.com) is running for America's most outstanding mom at the national level.  She won it for the State of Michigan.  Her platform is vaccine education & autism.   A hot topic in this day & age. 

We have to continue the education on the dangers of vaccines.  The risk does outweigh any benefit that they might offer.  The rising autism rate shows that.

Until next time my friends,

Lori


No comments:

Post a Comment