Saturday, December 19, 2009

Codex - Worry or a non-issue?

This blog entry is going to short, sweet & to the point this week.

There is a lot of info out there on Codex. You have to be able to discern what is truth & what is fiction. I've been researching this since first hearing about it. I decided that tonight, since the "deadline" is so close to try to figure it out for sure.

From the research that I've done, I've decided that its a non-issue. Here is my link showing this.

http://www.codexalimentarius.net/web/faq_rum.jsp#R1

There is a lot of reading there, but here is the main answer that everyone is seeking.

R12: I have heard that the Codex will become law on 31 December 2009. Is it true?

This is an unfounded rumour: The standards, guidelines and codes adopted by the Codex Alimentarius Commission are voluntary and do not therefore contain implementation deadlines or dates, nor can the Commission turn them into binding law.

I think those of us who take supplements to enhance our health can now breathe a little easier.

Have a great week everyone,
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment