Saturday, March 12, 2022

I'm furious

Greetings from NC,

I'm just going to rant this time like I do from time to time.

I'm furious at cancer. I'm seeing my husband fight with everything he has to live. He told me this morning it would have been easier to die, he was that close but he is fighting so I won't be alone & he is fighting for our family. He is fighting for our bible study group.

I'm furious at our local medical community that failed us! Four doctors on five different visits missed this! They kept saying it's just pneumonia, here are some antibiotics & sent us on our way. One doctor prescribed him two antibiotics at once, insisted that he needed to be scoped & said I'll see you on the 26th for a chest xray. (which was 3 weeks away!) If we had waited til the 26th, my husband would have been taken by ambulance. My husband had a cough & fevers that wouldn't go away & he thought he needed to be scoped. I had to take him to an ER 20 miles away in order for a doctor to see the seriousness of the situation, order the right tests & give us the diagnosis he didn't want to give but what we needed to hear in order to know what we are dealing with. The local medical community cost us 10 precious months.

This same doctors office had the audacity to call us last week & ask why my husband hadn't taken the colo-guard test yet that was requested the end of December. Mind you, this test was $700. I calmly told her what was going on & be sure to convey the message to said doctor that wanted it done. It took everything I had to keep calm & collected when I really wanted to jump down her throat. When I was off the phone, I was so upset that I was shaking.

I'm furious with the insurance company for rejecting our referral. That it was patient preference over medical necessity. What a bunch of crap. It is medical necessity. He is keeping his immune system intact instead of being destroyed by chemo. He isn't being sick & weak from poison being injected into his body. He isn't having the complications of chemo. We are using a treatment that uses the immune system to fight the cancer. The insurance community is so uneducated & bought out by big pharma.

Scripture tells us about righteous anger. This is the only anger that is not sinful in nature. (Eph. 4:26)

Righteous anger- Righteous anger is typically a reactive emotion of anger over perceived mistreatment, insult, or malice of another. It is akin to what is called the sense of injustice. Righteous anger is considered the only form of anger which is not sinful, ex-when Jesus drove the money changers from the temple.

Until next time,

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment