Saturday, August 8, 2020

How well do you know the Bill of Rights in the US Constitution?

Greetings from a late summer Iowa,

I just finished watching a great documentary from I C Liberty films about the constitution.   If you haven't heard about this website or the documentary, please go there, look around & then order the documentary with the study guide.   It will be money well spent.

For my US readers, without looking them up, what are our 5 rights listed in the Bill of Rights? 

I'm sure you could name off Freedom of Religion, Freedom of Speech, Freedom of the Press, Freedom of Assembly......but then you would draw a blank on the last one.   Don't feel bad.   I did too, I had to look it up.  The last one is Petition the government for a redress of grievances. 

Now, I'm sure you are asking yourself, what does that mean? 

Let's look up the definition of redress .

redress

noun ree-dres, ri-dresverb ri-dres ]

noun

the setting right of what is wrong:redress of abuses.
relief from wrong or injury.
compensation or satisfaction for a wrong or injury.

verb (used with object)

No comments:

Post a Comment